Sunday, May 9, 2010

Bikesnob

I bought the newly released book by the famous Bike Snob out of New York. So far it is great. He slowy breaks into the history of the famous two wheeled contraption and then migrates towards the different worlds of bicycles. Roadies, Cyclocross, MTB's and Contraption Captions, The Messenger, Beautiful Godzilla, Lone Wolf and such forth. I will do a formal review when I finish but so far it has been very entertaining.

I will leave you with a quote from the book.
"Well we cyclists are often subject to similar ignorance. And when it comes to cyclist slurs, there's one that towers above the rest. It's the "L" word. I'm not talking about the TV Show the L WORD about the lesbians-or as my old boss might have called them, "Gertrude Steins." No, the L word is "Lance Armstrong."
   Everybody knows who Lance Armstrong is. He's easily the most famous cyclist in the world. But what most people don't know is that we cyclists consider "Lance Armstrong" a slur."

No comments: